The school aims to encourage children to develop self discipline in their work and behaviour and to accept responsibility for their own actions. Within an orderly, relaxed and friendly atmosphere, learning can take place more effectively. We believe in a positive approach; encouraging good behaviour and attitudes, rewarding and praising whenever possible.
Throughout our journey at Ladywood we are educated and equipped to progress through life in an
ever-changing world. Together we develop positive attitudes, ambitions and celebrate our successes.
We wear a smile and never give up.
All classes follow our school rules which are:
- Do be kind and helpful – Don’t hurt people’s feelings.
- Do be gentle – Don’t hurt anyone.
- Do listen – Don’t interrupt.
- Do work hard – Don’t waste your own or other people’s time.
- Do be honest – Don’t cover up the truth.
- Do look after property – Don’t waste or damage things.
The following behaviour sanctions shall be adhered to where children break our school rules:
Our behaviour sanctions:
- STEP 1 – An adult will give you a quiet reminder.
- STEP 2 – An adult will help you to make a better choice.
- STEP 3 – An adult will give a visual reminder using classroom system.
- STEP 4 – Reflection time with an adult. (5 minutes).
- STEP 5 – Your Class Teacher will either speak to your Parent(s) or send a letter home.
- STEP 6 – The Headteacher will send a letter home requesting to see your Parent(s).
In the case of an extreme incident it may be necessary on the grounds of health and safety to move straight to STEP 5 and have reflection time with an adult.
The school rarely has inappropriate behaviour which could be called ‘bullying’. However, the school has an anti-bullying policy which clearly defines the procedures to be followed when necessary.
Click here to return to the Prospectus contents page.